Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42680 - 07/02/07 05:10 PM Tour Guides in Spain
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
A US friend asked me today who were the big tour operators in Spain. She wants to apply for a job as a tour guide in Spain. I told her I thought it would be pretty difficult to find work as such but I thought I would put it out there - does anyone know which tour companies hire guides on the ground in Spain?

#42681 - 07/02/07 05:17 PM Re: Tour Guides in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
First, I think only in rare cases do Spain-based tour companies hire non-European Union citizens. Otherwise, they'd have to offer a work visa - which they're not likely to do.

Also, to be an official, licensed tour guide one has to undergo about 2 years of specialized training here in Spain. A friend of mine went through it and she told me it was VERY VERY difficult. She's completed her training, is licensed, but hasn't yet found a job in her field - after 2 years of trying.

Some of the big tour companies here in Spain would include: http://www.juliatours.es/ , http://www.trapsatur.com/ , but I'm sure there are more.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments