Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42672 - 06/20/07 11:01 AM How long does it take to get a job?
Andy24 Offline

Loc: England
Ive visited Spain once...and fell in love with it. My parents wont let me move there untill im 18(15 almost 16 at the moment), but they are allowing me to get a summer job there next year, with my mums friend who has said she will give me accomodation for the 2 months im there. Cant wait!

Im looking to go into the catering industry where I am at the moment, as im in a small tourist town in England and hotels and resturants are high on jobs.

How long will it take to find a job in Spain when i move in 2 years? All the money i make whilst working here in england i am putting in the bank for the move to spain and i should have about £10,000-£15,000 when the move happenes. Will this be enough to support me untill I find a job?

I am also learning Spanish at the moment so hopefully this will make it easier to get a job smile

Thanks, Andy

#42673 - 06/20/07 11:45 AM Re: How long does it take to get a job?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Whereabouts will you be going to? If it's a big tourist area then you shouldn't have much trouble getting a summer job in the tourist industry.

#42674 - 06/20/07 12:57 PM Re: How long does it take to get a job?
Andy24 Offline

Madrid is my 1st choice, but i was also considering Malaga. But i think moving driectly to Malaga would not be a wise choice because its a lot hotter than in England, and Madrid is a lot hotter to! but not as hot as malaga.

#42675 - 06/21/07 04:38 AM Re: How long does it take to get a job?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

You will definitely find it easier in madrid if you speak Spanish

#42676 - 06/21/07 08:22 AM Re: How long does it take to get a job?
Andy24 Offline

Thanks sallyanne. I will work hard on my Spanish then! I've just got some good news today. Ive got a job in a hotel here doing work in the kitchens and heping tidy the rooms. This will start my funds for the move to Spain! laugh

My Dad is also realy pleased i want to work in Spain over the summer next year and said he will try and get me over there with my mums mate, if not he knows of a course he was going to do which involves working in Spain whilst helping you improve your knowledge of the language!

Thanks, Andy

#42677 - 06/21/07 09:00 AM Re: How long does it take to get a job?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Excellent, that's a great idea of your Dads. It might be worth writing to some hotels in Madrid now to see if they take on temporary summer staff, and informing them that you intend to be there to work next summer.

#42678 - 06/21/07 05:47 PM Re: How long does it take to get a job?
Andy24 Offline

laugh That sounds like a great idea. I will realy consider that.

Thanks!

#42679 - 06/22/07 04:05 AM Re: How long does it take to get a job?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Well, good luck with getting a job, and i hope you have a great summer next year!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments