Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42586 - 01/16/07 06:50 PM Network Engineer jobs? Living and working in Spain
Val74 Offline

Loc: USA
Hello Everybody

Living and working in Spain was my dream for long time.
I am Network Engineer with 12 Years of Experience and with bunch of certificates like MCSE, MCSA, and so on.
I also speak couple more different languages besides English, also some Spanish
Can some one let me know what I can expect or what type of job and what type of salary I can find in Spain

Thanks

#42587 - 01/17/07 05:30 AM Re: Network Engineer jobs? Living and working in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Val74, welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board! thumbsup

With all those credentials you should be able to fetch a pretty good salary - 20,000 Euros per year at least! wink This is probably half to 30% of what you'd make in the USA, though.

We have a number of message board members who work in "informática" who can surely better advise you so I hope they see your thread. Don't expect much from salary and job opportunities in Spain compared to those in the USA. There are lots of people in Spain, Spaniards, who have degrees in these things who can't find work.

Take a look at places like http://www.monster.es/ to get an idea of what's offered.

Best of luck! If you can improve your Spanish to near fluent you'll have more of it (luck, I mean).

Saludos, MadridMan xfingers

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#42588 - 01/17/07 10:16 AM Re: Network Engineer jobs? Living and working in Spain
nevado Offline

I'd say if you were lucky, you'd be looking at 40-60k euros based on your experience. It probably doesn't sound like a lot, but believe me, it is. Entry level is about 18k.

#42589 - 01/18/07 04:58 PM Re: Network Engineer jobs? Living and working in Spain
Val74 Offline

Loc: USA
Hey guys thanks for quick reply.

Now I kind of getting idea , but what about let's say rent a apartment in good neighborhood how much it will cost.

I also understand that cost of living in Spain is lower than some parts of USA spatially in California, but is that really that low?

#42590 - 01/19/07 10:32 AM Re: Network Engineer jobs? Living and working in Spain
nevado Offline

That's the problem, cost of living. I honestly think Madrid is more expensive than California given the salary/cost of living comparison. A starter home in the suburbs of LA costs $500,000+ and in Madrid 300+ euros...but the salaries don't add up. Food, however, is cheaper in Spain and I think people live with less "stuff" although Spain is rapidly catching up. You can, however, live without a car, which can save you 300+ a month. Renting is cheaper in Spain but, then again, you make less.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments