Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42583 - 12/01/06 10:48 AM Leonardo Programme
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
The irish government is offering between 15 - 20 people the chance to take part in the Leonardo Programme in Spain. They seem to be offering a lot, free accommodation half board, 1 months language course, free flight and about €180 per week and a job in the industry of your choice.

I have lived in Spain for many years on and off and I was wondering if anybody has taken part in this programme and their views!

#42584 - 12/01/06 11:47 AM Re: Leonardo Programme
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Is this program anywhere in particular in Spain or only in certain cities?

Does this program have a website which people can view for more information and, possibly, to apply?

How can they possibly offer a job in the industry of our choice??? That seems an impossibility. What if they "winner" chooses to be a plastic surgeon, for example?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#42585 - 12/04/06 05:31 AM Re: Leonardo Programme
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
Yes, this one will be in Castellon,I think it changes year in and year out where the Irish government send people. It is an EU run programme, so that is where the funding comes from but im guessing that the Irish government have to put some money to it.

At present in Ireland they are taking applications to France, Spain and Italy. The Irish government have a job company and traning board its call FAS and the webpage that I have been looking at is

http://www.fas.ie/services_to_jobseekers/Leonardo.html.

I do know you have to be an EU citizen to apply. On the application form you have to write up to four different jobs and sectors that you would like to work in, you will be only given the opportunity to work in these sector if you a background, eg work experience or a degree. I have done a degree in Tourism Marketing so I have asked to be put into a job in that sector!

I filled out the application form over the weekend and am sending it today. It said on the website that it closed in October but I have been speaking to the person who is running it and she said there has not been a big up take in it so the application process is still open and interviews will be in Jan!

I will add more information, if and when I get some!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments