Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42514 - 06/10/06 11:02 PM getting a job in spain
cactusjoe Offline

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
folks I'm Canadian but have a UK passport as well. I am thinking that maybe one day I might work in Spain. Does anyone know of any sites I can utilize or tell me from their experience what they went through?
Note the UK passport this means I canw rok in the EU

Thanks

#42515 - 06/12/06 09:58 AM Re: getting a job in spain
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
What kind of work are you looking for?

Try www.infojobs.net

#42516 - 06/13/06 05:26 AM Re: getting a job in spain
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Yes you can work anywhere in the EU with a British passport, usually just a matter of some paper work. There are loads and loads of websites dedicated to working living in Spain. A good start would be expatfocus and Britishexpats.

One point I should make about working in Spain, first off wages are very low and the cost of living is quite high, secondly if you don't speak the language than your work options are limited. Around Madrid usually that means bar staff or teaching English, neither of which pay enough to live off of.

If your looking to make the move to Europe than the best (but not always the easiest) option is to get a job with company that has overseas offices that's how we got over here.

Secondly I know that there is/are books dedicated to getting overseas jobs, unfortunately the name fails me, if I find it, I'll post.

#42517 - 06/17/06 04:26 PM Re: getting a job in spain
cactusjoe Offline

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Thanks for the advice. I am talking about after ea,lry retirement so it is not really a money issue.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments