Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#42501 - 05/31/06 06:00 PM Re: Taxes net vs gross
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Nevado: You are right that was meant to be posted under the thread "dinero Negro" Hopefully MM will move it so that it will make more sence.

#42502 - 05/31/06 06:29 PM Re: Taxes net vs gross
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
desert dweller, I can't move individual postings, only entire threads. Sometimes I'll copy/paste someone's mis-directed posting into a more appropriate thread. Would you please do it? If I do it it carries my name/information and I'd rather it be done from your username account. Thanks.

And let's please try to stay on the original topic of "Taxes net vs gross". Thanks.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#42503 - 06/10/06 04:41 PM Re: Taxes net vs gross
cactusjoe Offline

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
need advice

I'm Canadian but also hold UK citizenship. So I was wondering how does one go about applying for a job in Spain? I am thinking about early retirement in 2 years and maybe going over for a short term and maybe working in a non stressful job :-)
Appreciate any advice

Thanks

Ian

#42504 - 06/10/06 04:56 PM Re: Taxes net vs gross
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
cactusjoe, you may want to conduct a SEARCH for information on this topic or start a new one. This thread, "Taxes net vs. gross" is a bit off-topic for your question. Thanks and good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#42505 - 06/17/06 02:15 PM Re: Taxes net vs gross
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Update on Taxes: Being doing a little more research and the news isn't as bad as I thought. When I first calculated the rates I didn't take into account Total Income vs Taxable Income. The former being your total earnings and income, the latter being the amount that is subject to tax AFTER deductions. Your personal exemption and Social Security taxes plus a few other things are deducted from your total income, at that point your tax liability is then calculated.

Redoing the numbers puts the tax burden similar to Germany.

#42506 - 06/18/06 05:10 PM Re: Taxes net vs gross
Nativo Offline

I just found "the ultimate" net salary calculator page http://www.calculatusueldo.com/. In spanish and for explorer only I'm afraid. It does give you the calculations from different points of view, plus numbers are updated to 2006 fiscal regulations..

#42507 - 06/19/06 02:51 PM Re: Taxes net vs gross
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

excellent website! I did find out and this is important that your wage is divided over 14 or 15 pays not 12 as expected. This means less each month but 3 to 4 times a year you get double pay cheques. Its like a forced savings, it can be really handy getting extra money just before holidays or Christmas.

#42508 - 06/22/06 01:35 PM Re: Taxes net vs gross
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
great site Nativo
Out of curiosity; I compare my salary and it is 2000 Euros lower in Spain. However, I believe the standards are lower in Spain so I should come out better if get the same gross salary than in France. I believe....

#42509 - 08/26/06 02:41 PM Re: Taxes net vs gross
Estopa1 Offline

Hello all,

A monthly net salary of 2,000 Euros (24,000 a year) in Spain can be considered as excellent if you are single, and fine if you have a wife and 1, 2 children.

In the US with the same money, let's say 2,400 USD a month with a wife and only one child and you would be struggling to survive.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments