Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42367 - 09/29/05 08:17 AM charges for english lessons?
Aly Offline

Loc: Malaysia
Hi there...

I am thinking of returning to Spain (Barcelona this time) and would like to find out the current rate for a one hour private tuition class. I have seen posts up for 25 euros an hour.. would like to find out the current charges.

cheers

#42368 - 09/29/05 10:22 AM Re: charges for english lessons?
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
It really depends on your experience, the services you are offering ("English lessons" is really broad...are you doing exam preparation, interview prep, preparing oppositions,...working from a book, providing your own materials? etc.) and whether or not you are working legally.

Most people who are charging 25€+ per hour are native English speakers who are legally registered freelance English teachers.

Generally speaking the average rate for English teachers is hovering around 15€ per hour. This is the standard rate for those working under the table (i.e. illegally) and/or don't have much experience. However, I have seen rates as low as 9-10€ per hour.

Some people work out their rates depending on if they travel to their clients or if their clients travel to them...and also the kind of cancellation policy they offer.

Just some things for you to keep in mind.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments