Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#42301 - 07/11/05 04:17 PM Re: airline ticket question about length of flight but no visa??
Goneabroad Offline

Loc: Sacramento soon to be Madrid
I am in a similar situation...staying beyond the 90 day travel visa. From what I hear, it is best to fly from the states directly into MAD. There are a number of flights that offer direct flights from the East Coast to Madrid. Try not to fly between EU countries, use the rail or buses instead and you should be fine. And as mentioned above, avoid London airports (I've also heard that Amsterdam is tough too). At least this is what I have been advised, I hope it is true!

Good luck!

#42302 - 07/28/05 04:30 AM Re: airline ticket question about length of flight but no visa??
juli Offline

Loc: Tarragona
Thanks to all those who replied. Your advice is truly constructive!

I was turning it over in my mind as to what to do. I had heard that England does not participate in the Shengen agreement, but couldnt get a confirmation. Still, I dont want to rock the boat. After talking to several people, I have decided that my best option is to sit tight, make as little noise as possible, and depart at the planned time.

I am a bit nervous about it, cuz I have a vested interest in returning. Hope I am not shooting myself in the foot!

jules

#42303 - 08/02/05 11:48 AM Re: airline ticket question about length of flight but no visa??
Brent Offline

Loc: Madrid/Washington, D.C.
Well, since 2003 I have made 5 flights from Madrid to Washington D.C. All of these took place after I had been in Madrid for more than 3 months and I never had any problem whatsoever. However, I am a 26 year old white male with a USA passport so that helps.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments