Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#42291 - 07/02/05 12:01 AM airline ticket question about length of flight but no visa??
guest765 Offline

Hi i want to buy a ticket for a six month trip. But i will be traveling without any type of visa. Will there be any problems at the airport?? I am going as a visitor, and i have my passport, but i plan on staying longer than i'm allowed. I'm leaving Los Angeles airport... any help would be appreciated..

thanks!

#42292 - 07/02/05 05:36 PM Re: airline ticket question about length of flight but no visa??
Granadina80 Offline

Loc: Granada as of 9/12
If you plan on leaving Spain within 3 months of arriving, then you should be fine. You MUST leave within 90 days though, make sure your passport is stamped by another country, then return! smile Enjoy yourself!

#42293 - 07/03/05 10:43 AM Re: airline ticket question about length of flight but no visa??
guest765 Offline

no,, i plan on staying longer than three months... actually i want to stay for a year....

#42294 - 07/03/05 12:48 PM Re: airline ticket question about length of flight but no visa??
marilisa Offline

Loc: Virginia (EE.UU.)
I'm thinking that you will HAVE to LEAVE the country every three months and get a stamp back into the country. I don't know what your money situation is like but a nice weekend trip to Portugal or southern France isn't too bad. Also you can find a cheap flight to London or Dublin and stay for a few days. I think you may have some problems if you do not leave Spain during the year (if you do not have a visa to stay longer).

Perhaps someone else can give you some input, but I'm pretty sure you will need to leave at some point.

Good luck/Buena suerte,
marilisa smile

#42295 - 07/03/05 05:13 PM Re: airline ticket question about length of flight but no visa??
guest765 Offline

Well, I am pretty much planning on staying there illegally. I'm just trying to get my flight situation assorted.

Also once I leave and they realize I was there longer than allowed. What are the repercussions? How long are you exiled for??

Also, can't I just buy a one way to ticket to Spain, and if they stop me, just say I’m taking a train to France then flying out of France in a couple of months?? Is it really necessary to buy a round trip ticket??

Also, if I leave a year later out of France, will that be considered breaking the Visa stay in Spain?? I mean... as far as Spain knows I spent two weeks in Barcelona, then the next eleven months in France or traveling Europe... SO... there has to be ways around from getting forbidden to reenter a country because of over staying.

#42296 - 07/03/05 10:40 PM Re: airline ticket question about length of flight but no visa??
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
When I fly to Spain through Amsterdam, the stamp comes in The Netherlands. No one in Spain ever checks, as long as you come from another Schengen country. (Not that they can't!)

They have no way of knowing when you entered Spain.

#42297 - 07/08/05 05:56 AM Re: airline ticket question about length of flight but no visa??
juli Offline

Loc: Tarragona
I'm living in Spain just now, with a similar situation, except that my 'pecado' will be an overage of only 30 days. With a vested interest here in Spain, I need to kick start my tourist visa.

I just went to Portugal for a week-long seminar. Because Portugal is a EC member, there was no need to pass through customs or get my passport stamped, much to my chagrin!

However, a little bird told me that England, having not integrated into the EC completely, still requires passengers to go through customs on flights from the mainland. wink Before I go about buying air tix, I'd like to be sure that someone will be there to stamp my passport!

Feedback please! cool

#42298 - 07/08/05 01:05 PM Re: airline ticket question about length of flight but no visa??
spanishl Offline

Loc: Madrid
In order for you to get a "reset" in your passport, and get 3 more moths, you will need to go to a non-EU country, such as Andorra.

#42299 - 07/08/05 02:08 PM Re: airline ticket question about length of flight but no visa??
Meg Offline

Loc: Madrid via Pennsylvania
Going to Portugal, England, Andorra, or anywhere else in the world for a week won't "restart" your tourist visa. The law says that you're allowed to be in Spain for 90 out of 180 days. So, if you stay in Spain for 3 months the only way you can come back with a new tourist visa is if you stay out of Spain (and the Schengen zone--which by the way doesn't include England) for 3 months--to total the 180 days. So, please don't think that after a weekend trip you'll be able to live legally in Spain again for another 90 days; of course that doesn't mean you can't try coming back illegally. If you plan on staying illegally it's probably better to just stay in Spain. I wouldn't take my chances travelling if I were you because you never know what problems you may run into in airports if they discover you've overstayed your tourist visa.

#42300 - 07/09/05 11:33 PM Re: airline ticket question about length of flight but no visa??
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Things may have changed in the past year, but when i flew the Bilbao to London route I did have to have my passport stamped. I belive there were 2 lines...one for EU citizens, and one for non-EU citizens...this stands out in my mind because out of the entire plane I was the ONLY non-eu citizen smile Again, that may have changed though, so id double check. Good Luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments