Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42283 - 06/08/05 02:05 PM US Citizen in Spain: How to stay? Please help
dstuver Offline

I am currently in Spain. I am a U.S. citizen and have a BS degree in Spanish. I have completed the British Lanuage Institute course here in Madrid. I love the country and am trying to figure out how to stay here. Does anyone have any ideas? It is my understanding that I can only be here 3 months out of the past 6 and finding work for an American is very difficult.

#42284 - 06/08/05 02:33 PM Re: US Citizen in Spain: How to stay? Please help
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
dstuver, you'll find A LOT of discussion on this topic. Just expand this forum category to SHOW ALL TOPICS, scan the subject titles, and I'm sure you'll find a lot of references.

But in short, it's darn-near-impossible for a United Statesen to find legal work in Spain and STAY IN SPAIN after you're already there. Even if you were to find a legal job you'd have to return to the USA for some specified period of time until you received your work visa and re-enter Spain with that visa in your passport.

Good luck to you. I feel your pain, brother.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#42285 - 06/08/05 02:43 PM Re: US Citizen in Spain: How to stay? Please help
dstuver Offline

I see that if you are willing to deposit $100,000 in a Spanish bank that will qualify you for a VISA. Is that correct? Are there any other catches if this is the approach used?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1569 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments