Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#42197 - 04/10/05 10:29 AM Re: How much $ does each profession make in Spain?
Amleth Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi again!

I don't think these salaries are "far" too low compared to the American ones smile .

The place where I work in Madrid is run by two teachers who lived and worked in Delaware and they say they feel more comfartable teaching in Madrid.

The starting salary in Madrid is 25.000 euros (32.000 dollars) which is what they pay in South Dakota, for example. But insurances are cheaper, education is free and universal (universities too), taxes are lower, health care is free and universal, you cannot be fired, etc, etc.

Of course, people tend to earn more money in the US. However, it's not the level of life, but the quality of life what you have to think about if moving to Spain laugh .

#42198 - 04/10/05 02:16 PM Re: How much $ does each profession make in Spain?
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
What about a typical bar in madrid or sevilla or barcelona. What kid of earnings can be made.Small bar vs large bar. Any info would be appreciated.

#42199 - 04/10/05 04:16 PM Re: How much $ does each profession make in Spain?
Amleth Offline

Loc: Madrid
Well... it depends on the place (the city, the suburbs), the style and the target customers (conservative, old-style, young people), etc.

I know that a small pub in my city makes around 4.000 to 6.000 euros a month. Nevertheless, you have to discount expenses.

It's hard to say. Some earn a lot of money. In Christmas, on weekends and when the weather's bad.
But most of the bars, pubs, discos make enough money due to the fact that in Spain people love going out.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments