Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42181 - 04/01/05 07:18 PM Pastry Chef
lynnchef Offline

Loc: NJ
Hi: I will be graduating school this June and was interested in what the job market is like for pastry chef's? What would be the best area to focus on? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! smile

#42182 - 07/12/05 10:10 PM Re: Pastry Chef
IsavellaSophia Offline

Loc: usa
Thats interesting because I am doing the same thing right now and would also be interested to find out something along those same lines.

#42183 - 07/13/05 11:54 AM Re: Pastry Chef
Amleth Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi!

I remember reading an article in the newspaper some weeks ago. It seems like there is a demand of pastry cooks, bakers and cooks in general.

Pastry shops and bakeries are quite popular in Spain (we eat bread and all type of pastry every day) but there aren't many cooks. I knew a girl who owned a pastry shop and I remember she was always saying how difficult was for her to find people to work. However, there's a lot of competence and a very high level within the "cuisine's" world here.

I'm fond of "saladitos", "croissants", "mantecados," "yemas de Ávila", "butter cookies", etc, etc, etc... laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments