Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42152 - 02/12/05 09:03 PM Finding a moving company
kiko Offline

Hello everyone

After enjoying the Madridman message board for a long time I'm finally moving to Spain in two months from the New York/New Jersey area. Does anyone have any advice on a good moving company? I have dual citizenship (EU) and wonder if anyone else has gone through customs and experienced any problems?

Thank you

#42153 - 02/17/05 05:12 PM Re: Finding a moving company
monito Offline

Loc: madrid
Whatever you do don't use Uniworld Shipping in NJ, they ship to another compnay in England first then that company ships to Madrid. They promised me my shipment would be one month from NY to here and it took 4!! There method of tracking my furniture and boxes was to write my name in black Sharpie on everything, yes they wrote on my chairs and bed frame.
Plus they managed to "lose" two bicycles on the way. They're good on the phone but the follow up customer service is zero.
Be warned!

#42154 - 02/28/05 08:51 AM Re: Finding a moving company
mecky Offline

Loc: US
Hello Kiko
If you still need to have rates and info on moving you're belongings feel free to send an email to me.
I can get you information on a company that does international moves. I am a Realtor and deal with people from different continents that move and have used this service and are very satisfied.
This is not an advertisement just simply offering a service if you want to persue it some more.
Greetings from the Carolinas

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments