Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42130 - 01/12/05 08:06 PM Best way to get temp work in Spain?
hencubus Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Hey everyone, I'm looking to move to and work in Spain for at least a couple months. Here's the issue, I don't speak fluent Spanish, I know some basics, and there is a chance that I could learn to speak just fine by the time I go there, if not incredibly soon after arriving. I'm just looking for a way to live there for a bit, and survive as I don't have the money to backpack. On the plus side I do have family 20 minutes outside of Madrid so I won't be going in completely on my own. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WORK I COULD DO? I'm willing to go anywhere in Spain for it, preferably Madrid though.... the most tempting possibility I've seen is this www.spainjoy.com although they haven't emailed me back yet and it looks a little sketchy, I'm still inquiring into it. Any suggestions would be great, thanks

I forgot to add I'm 23 years old by the way, so any younger type work would be fine... tourist areas, anything, or any organisations you may know of that helps people like me do this....again thanks

#42131 - 01/15/05 12:35 PM Re: Best way to get temp work in Spain?
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
My gut instinct is to avoid this organisation until you have spoken to someone who has worked with them. You hear so many scare stories of people forced into drugs-running, prostitution, dangerous etc these days. I'm not saying that this company is one of them. however, I've never heard of them before, and I suspect no-one on this board has either.

If you go to 1 of the many Irish bars in Madrid, you should be able to pick up some free-mags (in English). There are often jobs advertised there. Many are looking for interns (ie unpaid skivvys) but don't necessarily rule this out (especially if you have accommodation provided by your family). It may give you time to learn the language and build up contacts etc.
When you know the language (and it will take longer than you think) you can then start looking for jobs on Spanish websites (eg infojobs and segundamano

Good Luck smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments