Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42086 - 01/08/05 10:29 AM San Sebastian or Madrid??
minni80 Offline

Loc: Finland
Hey! I need to make up my mind, whether to go to Madrid or San Sebastian for my exchange year. Tellmetellmetellme? I lived in NYC for four years, so I know how bigger cities can be like, but is SS really nice: nightlife, beaches, weather? What do u suggest for a 24 year old girl like me?? AND is it easy to find a job anywhere in spain. I'm a waitress/bartender, and interested in any job (almost)for next summer. Websites?? Thanks!!

#42087 - 01/11/05 03:43 PM Re: San Sebastian or Madrid??
Chus Offline

Loc: Charlotte, N.C., USA
Well, I guess that depends what you like. Madrid is very much like New York, fast paced, big and a lots of people. San Sebastian on the other hand is a smaller city, slower paced and less people.
The weather in Sanse is very different to the weather in Madrid. It rains, that's why everything is green and beautiful and in the outskirts of the city you see cows pacing on the fields. It can be cold in the winter, probably not as cold as Madrid but it'll be cold and wet, which is not a great combination. I see you're from Finland so this may not be that big of an issue for you.
There's plenty of opportunities to have fun in Sanse as well as in Madrid, plenty of discos and night clubs.
The advantage I see in San Sebastian is in the summer if you want to go to the beach you have it right there at your doorstep.
But as I said that depends on what you like to do.
Hope this post helped you somehow...
Chus

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments