Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41984 - 11/15/04 07:36 AM Madrid : Seasonal job availability
Dommo Offline

Loc: London
Hi all,

I am considering when to move to Madrid. I have saved a bit of cash and am going to go out there within the next couple of months. I would love to go around 25th December but I have reservations about :

a) Managing to find accomodation at this time of the year

b) I would like to get some kind of job asap once there. (bar work, etc)

Would it be harder to find a temporary job at this time of the year? I know that in the UK it would actually be easier to find a temporary bar job than the rest of the year due to staff not wanting to work the holiday season. Is this the case in Madrid (maybe the opposite!)

The accomodation situation wouldn't be too desperate as there are people I can stay with for a few weeks.

Basically I think I'm being swayed by the fact that I was in Madrid for late December and early January last year and loved the atmosphere. Maybe thinking with my head would lead me to think I might be better off leaving it well into January before going.

Any thoughts..? and invites to parties? wink

Thanks

Dom

#41985 - 11/15/04 02:38 PM Re: Madrid : Seasonal job availability
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Hi,
Good luck with your move. My guess is accommodation would be easier to find - a lot of businessmen would not be working and so hotels would have more vacancies. I suspect though that looking for work becomes waste of time after mid-month - maybe a Spaniard could enlighten us on this?
If you wait a couple of weeks until mid-January before going out, you'll save a fortune on your flight!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2071 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments