Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41981 - 11/11/04 12:59 PM Madrid IT--business hours?
kat1221 Offline

Loc: Washington State USA
Hello all,

My husband and I are travelling to Madrid in December. He will be teaching a week-long IT class at Hewlett-Packard in Las Rozas. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the business hours work in the IT industry--do they honor the siesta? Or does the IT conform to more standard business hours?
Thank you so much for your advice--this board has been wonderful for information!

#41982 - 11/11/04 04:22 PM Re: Madrid IT--business hours?
Anonymous
Unregistered

We don't have siesta, for it's obsolete or not popular in central and north Spain, but (unfortunately IMO), many have the broken divided timetable that could allow a siesta.

That is, many people leave at 2, and comes back to work about 3.30, 4 or even 5!, what makes the day endless, going most of the year back home at night, at 5.30, 6, 7, 8, ...

Timetable does not depend on the IT market but in the general policy in the firm, however, I think I observe (in my friends) that IT people use to have a little more flexible timetables.

#41983 - 11/13/04 08:11 AM Re: Madrid IT--business hours?
monito Offline

Loc: madrid
Many of the more non-traditional businesses run a double work day timetable, one shift is from 8am to 2.30 and the second from 3.00 to 9.30.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2711 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments