Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41976 - 11/10/04 08:06 AM Finding work in Spain
hannahinspain 2003 Offline

Loc: Spain
I came to Spain, Costa del Sol, 5 years ago. I know how difficult it is finding a job. mad But as I said in my reply to Beckys, Wemploy are the way to go. They cover nearly all areas of employment and are so helpful, professional and friendly that if they can´t find you a job....no-one will! laugh
All my friends got their jobs through Wemploy including my bloke so have a look at their website www.wemploy.com
P.S. I Seriously recomend learning Spanish to anyone who is looking to move to Spain, finding a job is much easier!

#41977 - 11/10/04 08:30 AM Re: Finding work in Spain
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
The basic requirement for anyone looking to work legally in Spain is to be an EU citizen! Like many others, I have taken numerous looks at the website - and it appears to be reasonably comprehensive for the Costa del Sol area - but the first and most difficult requirement for people is the lack of EU citizenship - ergo - not having the right to work.

Why not suggest to the folks @ the agency/website that they figure out how to assist non-EU folks in getting legal work? Perhaps they could form an internal pool of specialized works under their certification to legally work - then "sub-let" these folks to local firms. When the required time to request/fill for legal working papers was met, individuals could start the process with everyone's help - and prior profits.

This concept is merely taking the employment agency a step further than it's current status. I should imagine their business (from those wanting to relocate) would double!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments