Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41935 - 10/01/04 07:52 AM quick question about tourist visa in Spain
sincopated Offline

Loc: New York
Forgive my dumb question smile

I realize non EU citizens can only stay in Spain for 90 days on their tourist visas, so if I plan on staying in Spain for longer than that, can I hop a flight to a nearby country for the weekend to get it renewed (England, France, Portugal) or do I need to leave the EU (Morocco, Egypt, Israel, etc.) in order to have my tourist visa renewed for another 90 days?

Thanks!

#41936 - 10/01/04 11:53 AM Re: quick question about tourist visa in Spain
Meg Offline

Loc: Madrid via Pennsylvania
Hi,

Renewing your tourist visa isn't as simple as just leaving the country for a few days and then coming back to Spain. The law says you are allowed to be in Spain for 90 days but within a 6 month period. Which means that technically if you are in Spain for 90 days you would then have to leave Spain for another 3 months (to total the 6 month period--3 in Spain and 3 somewhere else) until you could come back legally and get a new tourist visa. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about overstaying the tourist visa--I don't think the Spanish police are really too interested in finding Americans who stay in Spain longer than they should smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments