Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41900 - 09/13/04 05:40 AM Aromatherapy in Spain?
SLK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi,

I hope someone can help with this.
I've been re-evaluating my situation here in the UK and my future. I looking in to taking something like a TEFL course seems a good option for me. What concerns me is being stuck in Spain with no or little income.

Here's the real question. I am a qualified aromatherapist and would consider supplementing my income this way. Are complementary therapies popular in Spain? has anyone had experience of going to a private therapist or a spa?
Wouldn't want to people to think 'massage' meant something else like they do in UK eek laugh

#41901 - 09/13/04 08:08 AM Re: Aromatherapy in Spain?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alternative therapies are not very extended but they have their own loyal public.

I take massages (the ones by phisiotherapist smile ) from time to time, here we understand both senses of the word, and the meaning uses to come by the context, however I hear sometimes there are misunderstandings in ads.

#41902 - 09/13/04 08:41 AM Re: Aromatherapy in Spain?
SLK Offline

Loc: UK
Yikes laugh Wouldn't want to go for an interview at the wrong kind of 'massage spa'.

Thanks Ig. It's why I've only taken clients by referral.

#41903 - 09/14/04 06:23 AM Re: Aromatherapy in Spain?
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
My wife owns a "Centro Estetica," and also works at a very popular spa, which can be found all over Spain, "Masages a Mil." You might want to check them out (they do not pay very well though, but that is endemic in Spain).

#41904 - 09/14/04 06:26 AM Re: Aromatherapy in Spain?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's not really a big issue, there is a special section in the newspapers, for the 'workers of love', and only some fools get confused, and I don't think theyĺl get nasty when they see they are wrong, they just call the ones in the right column. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments