Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41856 - 07/09/04 05:15 AM Madrid: oficina de empleo, etc...?
Amadeus Offline

Loc: Vienna
Hola!

In one week, i will be officially madrileño wink
I am moving from austria to madrid and there are some things that have to be done, but i cannot find anything about it in the web... so probably you have some tipps for me;)

i have to go to the local oficina de empleo, the registration office and the office for social security...

i guess first i should go to the registration office: are there local offices, for each district, or is there one main office?
The same question for the oficinas de empleo...

I heard horrible stories about the bureaucracy in spain... is it really that bad??

thanks for your help wink
Mario

#41857 - 07/09/04 06:06 AM Re: Madrid: oficina de empleo, etc...?
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are district offices for registration (depending of the town council), public employment offices (INEM) and Social Security.

I think I heard you have to do some paperwork at your consulate or one of our ministries. You can of course come in, but must do the paperwork.

In the old times paperwork in Spain was hell. Nowadays it uses to be bad, but can vary from average to hell depending on the issue.

If you know spanish, here is an essay of one of our most brilliant clasic writers (Mariano José de Larra 1809-1837) on the matter.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments