Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41819 - 05/31/04 08:42 AM Madrid Language schools
BoBisa Offline

Help!!! I have been living in Madrid for the past two months. I was working as an au pair, but the family was awful and I decided to move out. I am moving into a flat tomorrow, and I need to find a job ASAP. I can´t keep drawing into my savings like this. I´m thinking that my best option would be to teach English, but here´s the hard part: I have absolutely no experience or qualifications and I´m going to have to work illegally. You´re probably all laughing at how ridiculous this situation is, but I really am not ready to go back home to the US. Is it even worth trying to find a job? Does anyone know of language schools that would hire someone like me?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#41820 - 05/31/04 09:22 AM Re: Madrid Language schools
Anitayole Offline

Loc: Madrid
Right!!! ok, i think that whilst u are sorting out ure working situation, the best thing would be to work in an irish pub?? is full of them in Madrid. If u can´t be bothered with this, my cousin when she came over to madrid, had nooo experience nor qualifications and she went to a place call MANGO or MANGOD or something like it, which is just next door to Zara on Gran Via. She worked there as english teacher.

Also, try and go to the British Council on Martinez Campos, and ask them whether they have started any of the summer english exams (First Certificate, Advanced or Proficiency)and if so, ask them whether u can work as invigilator for these exams.

Another option: go to ETTs , there are temporary job seekers. Such as Manpower, Adecco, etc, they may help u. This is the time where companys are doing loads of trade fairs, and need translators etc.

Also go to www.segundamano.es there are always loads of adverts of families looking for au-pairs, or just private english lessons.

Hope this is any help. If wanting more information just tell me Ill give u more ideas.

Good luck

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments