Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41817 - 05/26/04 12:40 PM Resort/au pair job seeker
Atwaihb@aol.com Offline

Loc: Boston Ma
I want to move to Spain this fall and work at a resort or as a au pair. My boyfriend and I need to perfect our spanish for grad school. Our university is not doing much to help us. If anyone is looking for help we are your people!!! Both of us have plenty of experience in the restaurant buisness and in child care. Does anyone know where we can apply for these jobs. We are both hard worker with great work ethic! Much thanks in advance for your reply!!
You can always email me directly at atwaihb@aol.com

#41818 - 05/27/04 03:25 PM Re: Resort/au pair job seeker
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
If you do a search on this board, I think you are going to discover thats its really hard for an american to work legally (im assuming you dont have european passports) in Spain. So resort work or that type of thing might be tough to come by, if not impossible.

Other ideas...
You can go the unpaid internship route (there are plenty of companies out there that can facilitate that type of thing but most, excpet exchanges like AIESEC, have high fees), study abroad (i've dont this twice and would highly reccommend it it if its a possibility...), or aupair. I had planned on being an aupair in spain this summer until a better internship (www.aiesec.org) came up in Costa Rica and I decided to do that instead.
This is by far the best site ive found for aupairing....
www.greataupair.com
it will let you, for free create an online profile, and interested families can contact you. Or, you can search for families (by country) seeking au pairs. I was really surprised how many responses I got, and could have easily been matched through this site had the Costa Rica opportunity not come up.
Good Luck!
Kelly smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1629 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments