Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#41813 - 09/19/04 12:35 PM Re: Madrid: Slave available! ;) (for IT jobs)
Loc Offline

Loc: Washington, D.C.
After just reading this, we are definately in the same boat. I too have also been considering taking a less glorified job if it gets me there. I'm at a decent level in the IT field as it is with a number of skills already. But it would not be beyond me to do manual labor work or anything less desirable if it means I can live in Spain and support myself. Once there my Spanish will improve dramatically without a doubt and over time I can find a way back into my field of choice.

The difficult part for me is the fact that I'm a US Citizen, so I still have the visa issue...

-Loc

#41814 - 09/22/04 11:08 AM Re: Madrid: Slave available! ;) (for IT jobs)
SimonC Offline

Loc: Madrid - Spain
Hey guys. Just reading this i remember when i was in a similar situation.

Basically, i think if you're an engineer, Teacher or in the IT profession, then you stand more chance of getting a job.

In terms of IT, it really does depend on what you do in IT, because IT is very generic. For example, if you do UNIX, or SAP stuff, then already there's things there waiting, but if you're a helpdesk person, or a webpage writer, then you'll have to either look really hard, or speak Spanish well.

I was lucky because I use to be an IT Project Manager in ERP and database systems, so i landed a job at IBM here in Madrid (current job). Have a look at their website, because there are loads of English speaking jobs here. www.ibm.co.uk or .es

To put it bluntly... Speak Spanish!
if im allowed to place a link then.. www.infojobs.net .. if not, then you wont see that link because Madridman has taken it out. laugh
Need any more advise on IT in Madrid, then mail me.

Simon

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments