Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41653 - 01/24/04 08:30 AM Expired VISA - penalties
tk69 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Hello. A little embarrased to post this add but I need information. Currently waiting for the approval of my work permit and in the process my VISA has expired. I know that Spain has and is closing loopholes and monitoring more diligently immigration irregularities. What am I in for? Do I dare not return to the US (or leave country) until it´s approved? What happens upon entering the US? What happens upon trying to return to Spain? Is it true I could be waiting for a full year for the government to approve (or deny, I guess is a real possibility) the application? All I hear is urban legends and I´m super nervous right now. Does anybody know what the deal is? Thanks a ton.

#41654 - 01/25/04 01:30 AM Re: Expired VISA - penalties
DCS Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi, I understood you to mean that you're in Spain with a visa that allows you to apply for a work/residence permit. You've applied (your paperwork is submitted and being processed) for the work/residence permit before your visa expired. If this is the case then there's no problem.

From my experience, if you've submitted your application for a work/residence permit WHILE your visa was valid, then you've got a piece of paper that shows the application is being processed (en trámite). If the visa expires after you submit the papperwork and during the process, it doesn't matter.

I wouldn't worry about it at all.

#41655 - 02/10/04 04:22 PM Re: Expired VISA - penalties
Cartman Offline

Hi

As far I know u dont need a visa if u r american u can go there & stay 90 days & look for the job. When u found one your employer suppose to apply for OFERTA DE EMPLEO which is a permission for employer to hire a foreigner. After that Employer will apply in ministry to hire you that paper usually takes couple of months. When u have that u can come back and apply in Spain's consulate in US for work/Residence visa which will take another 4 months.

In most cases by the time u get visa ur employer dont need u anymore unless he is giving u a favour. I dont think any employer will wait for 6 months & go through all of these paper work to hire a foreigner. they can easily hire EU person.

Thats what I think, may be I m wrong. but if anybody know any new changes in the above system please let me know.

take care

Cartman

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments