Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4160 - 05/06/02 10:51 AM Barcelona: Hostal Levante confirmation?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I emailed Hostal Levante in Barcelona to try to make reservations. When they emailed back, all they said was that they needed credit card info. They did not say anything about their availability, or confirm anything. If I send them my info- will I get written, or emailed confirmation of a room, or will they just charge my credit card? confused

#4161 - 05/06/02 11:08 AM Re: Barcelona: Hostal Levante confirmation?
jensdog Offline

Loc: Houston, TX 77006
They will write you back and I believe that when I stayed there last year they may have even charged one night to the card but I don't remember for sure. Senility is setting in I think.

#4162 - 05/06/02 12:08 PM Re: Barcelona: Hostal Levante confirmation?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
While I don't like this practice at all, it happened to me once too. In 2000 I reserved one night at a hostel in Madrid, gave them my CC number/info, but had to cancel a day or two before. When I called to cancel the reservation they told me they'd already charged my card and couldn't credit the account so they said I could stay the next time for free. I didn't like this solution, but wasn't going to fight with them about it while on vacation for $25. According to my credit card statement, they charged my card the moment I made the reservation, about 3 weeks in advance of the reservation date. I'm sure that if next year I tried to reserve at the same hostel and told them about the FREE night they owed me that they wouldn't remember the situation now three years later. Oh well.. it's not worth losing sleep over it. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4163 - 05/06/02 01:24 PM Re: Barcelona: Hostal Levante confirmation?
tmatsuo Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
I just reserved a room at Hostal Levante, and it was pretty easy.

First, I just filled out that form on their website http://www.hostallevante.com/eng/reserves.htm
and they responded with an email saying that my dates I requested were open. They didn't even have my credit card info yet, so they didn't (and couldn't) charge my card until I asked them to book a room for me.

Perhaps you could send them an email asking if they have a room available for you?

Good luck!
Tim

ps. Great message board! It's been extremely helpful in my planning for this Spain trip.

#4164 - 05/06/02 08:29 PM Re: Barcelona: Hostal Levante confirmation?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
A little basic HTML detective work shows that those reservation forms are being sent to:

reservas@hostallevante.com

Why not simply send them an email to that address and hope they'll reply personally. I'm sure the form they use helps them understand better the reservation requests so they don't have to bother with English or entertain the ramblings of some potential clients asking about nearby shopping, eating, nightlife, etcetera. wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4165 - 05/08/02 05:58 PM Re: Barcelona: Hostal Levante confirmation?
Eric - NYC Offline

Loc: NYC
When I stayed there last October, I had a friend who speaks much better Spanish than I call them and reserve my room at Hostal Levante for me. They said they would (or could) not give me any confirmation notice, but they would charge my credit card for one night right away. Once they charged my card, I felt pretty confident that I would be OK. I printed out my credit card statement and had it handy just in case they messed up my reservation. Everything went smoothly though...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments