Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41634 - 12/26/03 06:45 AM VISA
homelessdophin Offline

Loc: usa
Hi all... i have a few specific questions about getting a visa to legally work and live in spain... i understand all that you need, have checked the website, etc.. maybe there is someone from the US who has possibly done the same thing.. the papers you need to present to the SPANISH CONSULATE IN THE UNITED STATES (in my case in nyc), are photocopies of your passport, 4 pics, the application form, an offer of employment filed with the ministry of labor in Spain, a medical form from a doctor, a form from the police....ok, so do you also have to show proof that you have enough money to support yourself and do you have to show proof of medical insurance???? and does the examination by the medical doctor have to be done in the united states and does it really have to say i am not crazy or a drug addict or can it just say that i have no contagious diseases? i am very frustrated because finding answers to these seemingly innocent questions has proven VERY difficult for me.. i have checked loads of websites, asked loads of official people who in my opinion should know... the consulate in ny doesn't answer their phone...so yeah, if you somehow know the answers, post a reply please..keep in mind i am from the United States asking about a visa for work and residence in Spain. i am trying to do all this legal stuff but i am tired and about to throw in the towel!! thanks

#41635 - 12/26/03 03:21 PM Re: VISA
DCS Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi, If you have a job offer from a legitimate Spanish organization or firm that has been properly filed with the ministry of labor, as you know, you can then apply for a visa. Congratulations!! That's the most difficult task.

I believe the medical letter can be done by any legitimate doctor that is obvoiusly registered as an MD and verifiable regardless of the country.

You don’t need proof of health insurance because it’s understood that with the visa you can receive a formal job contract from the same organization that gave you the offer. You and your employer will be paying monthly social security tax which provides you health coverage like anyone else legally working in Spain. It’s also understood that you will be supporting yourself by working for the company that will offer you the contract or they would not have given you the visa.

Don’t forget that once you have your visa and in Spain, you need to apply for a work permit and a residence permit at the same time. This is a breeze because we’re assuming you’ve got a valid working visa. You’ll need to submit copies of your offer, contract, specific forms that certify the Spanish firm is legitimate, copies of your visa, and application to work and reside. This really is a breeze because you can take the paperwork to a “gestoria”, pay them about 90 Euros and they do it all for you. It’s unlikely that you would not be given a work / residence permit because you were given a visa based on a job offer that had been filed with the ministry of labor.

Here is the web site that has all the information you need www.mir.es

Hope I was able to give you information that you didn’t already know.

#41636 - 12/30/03 03:34 AM Re: VISA
homelessdophin Offline

Loc: usa
Thanks for answering! One last question, if anyone knows how long it takes to process the visa. on the website it says 4 months but that -special cases may apply-... knowing my country well assume that means i pay more and they do it faster... how fast i do not know though so any input would be appreciated! peace

#41637 - 02/10/04 04:47 PM Re: VISA
Cartman Offline

Hi

Is there any way to expedite the process. I just mailed my application to consulate & I am expecting back in 4 months atleast. If u guys know what is special process let me know also.

Thanks,

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments