Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41627 - 11/29/03 08:08 PM Opportunities for College Students in Spain?
00chris Offline

I'm currently a college student in the USA. I'm majoring in computer science, but also minoring in Spanish. I speak Spanish pretty fluently as I've studied it for five years and spent last summer in Madrid near Sol. I'd really like to be able to return to Madrid this summer but I won't be able to unless I find some type of part time job to cover living expenses while I'm there. I'm still a student and figure if I had some type of income while there I’d be able to spend most of the summer in Spain. Is there much of a chance of me finding anything? I've heard that some tour agencies want bilingual English/Spanish tour guides, but I'd probably need to be more familiar with Spain's cities/history to do something like that. Have any suggestions?

#41628 - 11/29/03 09:25 PM Re: Opportunities for College Students in Spain?
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I don't know about mainland spain, but in the canary islands for example, in the tourist areas, they are always looking for bilingual people as PRs for the various hotels, timeshares and restaurants. Possibly it is similar in Mainland Spain?

#41629 - 11/30/03 04:51 PM Re: Opportunities for College Students in Spain?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Im hoping to do just what you talked about this summer. I spent last semester, and summer in spain, and just have to go back!!
Iv done a lot of searching and got some ideas, but so far, the best thing Iv found to do is get with an organization or group that will help you organize the entire thing, get set up with something before you leave the USA, and get proper visas and stuff so that it is legal. I joined AIESEC for that reason. Im still entirely open to other options though, so let me know if you find anything out! If you do a search under this forum, you can probably find my other posts on this kind of thing (sorry MM, i dont know how to do that linking thing haha).
Good Luck!
Kelly smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments