Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41586 - 09/03/03 11:15 AM Madrid: fitness instructors job?
saikee Offline

Loc: canada
I can't remember where did I post this msg on the forum. hope this is the right place to gather info on the gym listing in Madrid an dif there is much scope for fitness instructor jobs. What the going rate? do you need to speak fluent spanish to instruct. i am currently a spinning instructor in Toronto and we are soon moving to Madrid....so i should do my H.work!
anyone out there with any tips suggestions.

#41587 - 09/03/03 07:52 PM Re: Madrid: fitness instructors job?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Can anyone tell us if Madrid's gyms/health-clubs even have female instructors? Do they have these "spinning" classes there too? I'd be surprised if they did. I'd also be surprised, but not sure, if they had many female health instructors but what do I know. hehehe.. Good luck to you, saikee!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#41588 - 09/03/03 10:56 PM Re: Madrid: fitness instructors job?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Im not sure about Madrid, but i know Granada well. Since Madrid is even larger and more modern, I would assume it is the same, if not better. When I studied in Granada last semester I bought a gym membership. They did have a female instructor for the aerobics class I took. This gym also had spinning classes a couple nights a week I think...
Good Luck!
Kelly smile

#41589 - 09/04/03 02:04 AM Re: Madrid: fitness instructors job?
seul6 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, Ca.
The Holiday Gym has several branches in Madrid and they are quite big. I have seen some female instructors and, yes, they have spinning classes.

#41590 - 09/16/03 10:02 AM Re: Madrid: fitness instructors job?
willson Offline

Loc: Almería
Yes to Spinning classes... e.g here in Las Rozas at Esporta health club (& yes there are female instructors).

See http://www.esporta.com/espanol.shtml .

I'm a former resident of Toronto too and I must say that I far prefer the winters here in Madrid (& the summer, spring and fall for that matter).

A link to a local magazine article on gimnasios
http://www.revistaglamour.com/belleza/rad59c9d.shtml

Check out gimnasios-online at
http://www.gimnasiosonline.com/foro/viewforum.php?f=1 (a forum on spinning) and
which has a small empleo section.

#41591 - 10/21/03 07:51 AM Re: Madrid: fitness instructors job?
saikee Offline

Loc: canada
Are female instructors not considered to be competitive around the spanish men? Or are they do they feel intimidated by a female taking control over there fitness base. I hope thats not the case because world wide more and more women are leading spinning programs with great success...maybe its time for men to accept.
Thank you for the links ...very useful.
will fill you in once I get myself a place.

#41592 - 10/22/03 09:48 PM Re: Madrid: fitness instructors job?
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Saikee, congratulations on your move to Madrid! I also hope to teach yoga in Spain someday ...

One of my best friends was an aerobics instructor at a gym in the Alameda de Osuna area. She did this a few years ago. Trained in Madrid as well. As far as I can tell, her being female was not an issue. She's due back in the States this week and if you like I can pick her brain and report back. I'm curious myself. I would also love to hear how things go with you!

Best of luck!

Churro

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#41593 - 10/26/03 07:27 PM Re: Madrid: fitness instructors job?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Saikee,

There are plenty of gyms in Madrid, I used to go one right near the Plaza de Espana and if I remember correctly there definitely were female instructors.

However I am sure that knowing Spanish will be a very big advantage...in case you don't speak Spanish now, learn it as much as you can BEFORE arriving.

Best of luck to you and let us know how you get on!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments