Hi to everyone!
I'd firstly like to say that I was directed to your website by a Madrileña, who has just contacted me via another website( making contact with English/Spanish etc.)

I am a mature male student (43) and I live in the north-east of England (Washington).I'm currently on my year abroad, having just spent 7 months in the south of Frace as a language assisstant, a job which I enjoyed immensely.

I'm now booking a flight to Madrid for this weekend 11/12 July, with the hope of finding some kind of teaching post. Unlike others on this site I don't have a TEFL certificate, only the the teaching experience explained above.

I'm wondering whether i will still be able to find work (difficult i know) without such a certificate. Can anyone provide names/areas of any such establishments or at least point me in the right direction as i am going to visit them in person? I've tried finding work over the internet, sending cv's etc, but i think a better approach is to sell myself in person.
The purpose of going to Spain is to improve my Spanish and of course immerse myself in their wonderful culture/food/wines.... ( Ya tengo hambre..

I'm currently studying French and Spanish at Newcastle University after so many years of saying "i wish i'd done that" now i am and it's great.

Good luck to all of you in the same position, I know it's not easy, but the rewards make it all the worthwhile-just look at this website!
Many thanks
James Thompson