Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#41548 - 07/10/03 04:59 PM Re: Wemploy
Sarita Offline

Loc: Sevilla
Well, here's an update on my "dream job" in España. I got a very nice email from the HR Director today telling me that they have decided to go with an internal candidate who was willing to relocate for the position. Makes perfect sense to me as on-the-job training will be a breeze for this person. Plus it wasn't looking like I would be able to start as quickly as I thought with all the paperwork, filing and waiting I was faced with!
So now that I DO NOT have the job and no longer have to be secretive about it......here are the details.....
The job was for an HR Manager at the new Marriott timeshare resort in Estepona called Playa Andaluza (Anchovy: hence all my questioning about life in Estepona!! You can save your time emailing me back now.......but gracias de todas formas!) laugh
So I'll admit it, I'm a little bummed. But to be honest, part of me is happy that I don't have to run around with my head chopped off getting all this paperwork filed to be there ASAP not to mention selling our condo, cars and most of our belongings! Now we can do this the right way---with some careful planning and a bigger bank account. Plus now I will be around for my sister's wedding next summer. The plan now is to keep looking, but save money and plan on moving with or without jobs by the end of the summer 2004. I can live with that! Plus at least we have one leg up on all the paperwork---we've already filed for the libro de familia and I know that once we decide to move it will only be 2 weeks for the consulate to turn around my residency visa.

So.....that's my story, sad but true. I'll continue to keep you all updated!

Saludos,
Sarita :l:

#41549 - 07/14/03 04:58 PM Re: Wemploy
marbellaman Offline

Loc: Marbella
I have worked with wemploy and a couple of my friends got jobs with them.

I have met the guy who owns wemploy (Killian) and he is a nice guy but very busy because his company is in alot of demand.

Ther is also a forum local for Marbella and is here: www.marbellaguide.com/forum and another one here www.marbella.com

You can post what you are looking for completely free.

Marbella Guide is a FREE portal with information about Marbella.

#41550 - 07/14/03 06:25 PM Re: Wemploy
Sarita Offline

Thanks, marbellaman. Nice to hear a reference for wemploy, they do seem pretty solid. And thanks for the lead to those links---very helpful indeed! laugh

When are you starting your own site, marbellaman.com?? wink wink wink

Saludos......

Sarita cool

#41551 - 07/15/03 11:36 AM Re: Wemploy
James Wright Offline

Hi Sarita, may I say what interesting comments you have made about Wemploy. As the head of the international department it dismays me that we have not done more to help, but as someone kindly advised you until you have the paperwork in order there is not a lot that we can do. If you would like to discuss this further the please feel free to give me a call personally.

#41552 - 07/15/03 02:17 PM Re: Wemploy
Sarita Offline

Hi James! I hope you understand that my frustrations are not with Wemploy at all. laugh

The woman I spoke with was certainly cordial and very nicely explained to me that I should give your agency a call once I am living there with papers in hand. That is certainly understandable!

I just wish that someone could wave a magic wand and make this whole process a lot easier. I can imagine what it must be like for other foreigners who aren´t as lucky as me to have an EU marriage to make this thing (a little) easier.

It is very nice of you to post here and offer your ear. I am certainly very impressed.

Feel free to check out my CV on the Wemploy site and contact me if any positions come up that might be a good fit for me. (Maybe Wemploy needs an American recruitment liaison??) wink

Muchísimas gracias...

Sarita cool

#41553 - 07/19/03 07:06 AM Re: Wemploy
funkdoctora Offline

Loc: Miami
about the work permit... I recently got married to a spaniard and am living in sevilla (i love it) i went to my ayuntamiento and they told me that i wouldn't be able to get a work permit unless I went to the spanish consulate in Miami and applied there first or i waited a year. I'm not sure what your situation is sarita but just to let you know. I have found a few odd jobs (restaurant, babysitting) but nothing special because i don't have my DNI. good luck and keep looking

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments