Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41406 - 02/19/03 03:51 PM what is the high unemployment in spain due to (13%)
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hello and good afternoon everybody

yes this is my question.

since im from NYC i dontunderstand this situation and really am baffled and clueless about what this is due to.

i have no idea BUT maybe someone here must know.

any ideas are appreciated

sincerly
michael(oops)
fmiketheman laugh

#41407 - 02/19/03 06:45 PM Re: what is the high unemployment in spain due to (13%)
Espe3 Offline

People want jobs that pay them what they think they're worth. They won't take a job that pays less even if its a start in the right direction. That's one reason anyway.

Also, the way unemployment works over there also makes it easier for people to be picky and not work than it does to make them get a job.

One good thing about Spain is that its fairly easy to get an education, a drawback is people become professional students. There are many more people now that have studied and don't/won't take a blue coller job. Good or bad, I'm not criticizing, that's just the way it is.

#41408 - 02/20/03 03:57 AM Re: what is the high unemployment in spain due to (13%)
fmiketheman Offline

hello everybody

espe3

sorry but this is not what i meant

what i mean is that i know the fact that spaniards that are unmployed actually want jobs not just being picky about jobs that are there.i heard theyre not just many jobs.why? confused

thats what i mean
but thats ok your response is ok but not quite the answer to the question i meant to ask

thank anyway

sincerly
fmiketheman
thae still confused one wink cool

#41409 - 02/20/03 08:33 AM Re: what is the high unemployment in spain due to (13%)
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

espe3

wait a sec..i think your response is actually proper to my question.after i gave it a proofread i found that out.

i mean what other cause could their be to the spanish unemployment rates which in fortunely for the espanoles has lowered significantly in just one year 22% to 13%
ole!! laugh

#41410 - 02/20/03 04:56 PM Re: what is the high unemployment in spain due to (13%)
MAD for Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Part of the problem is also the labour laws here in Spain. It is virtually impossible to fire someone without having to pay a hefty severance amount - even if the person is incompentant. That means that companies are hesitant to hire additional people when work picks up 'cos they can't lay them off when work slows down - basic economics. Also one of the reasons why I'm working 15 hour days!

#41411 - 02/22/03 09:12 AM Re: what is the high unemployment in spain due to (13%)
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

thanks again now i fully understand the problem.

and i actually thought there was no reason for this problem.

anyways this probblem is hopefully slowly disapearing

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments