Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41386 - 01/03/03 01:14 PM volunteering Galicia
cjrin Offline

Loc: boulder, col
This is no longer a current event here in the USA, but I am thinking about going to Spain for a month or two (Jan, Feb) and wondering if there is any need for volunteers to pick up after the disaster stemming from the Prestige...
Anybody know the current situation?
Thanks!
corinne

#41387 - 01/03/03 02:04 PM Re: volunteering Galicia
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi cjrin! Welcome to our message board.

You'll find some useful information and links about volunteering in the thread " Environmental disaster off of Galician coast " thread in the About Spain forum.

From the sounds of it, they have enough volunteers now to last them through the end of spring. It's encouraged to FIRST contact one of the volunteer organizations BEFORE arriving. Good luck. Hope you can help.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#41388 - 01/03/03 07:05 PM Re: volunteering Galicia
cjrin Offline

Loc: boulder, col
Thanks Madridman for the information! I am currently trying to contact people who have been working through an organization..Defensa Ecoloxica de Galicia...I have received an answer that gives me hope of setting up a volunteer situation. I will keep you posted!
Cjrin

#41389 - 01/03/03 07:41 PM Re: volunteering Galicia
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Please do keep us posted. It would be most enlightening if you or someone else involved in the cleanup efforts could share their experiences here in this thread.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#41390 - 01/03/03 10:03 PM Re: volunteering Galicia
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
As MM says, it is better first to contact authorities or organizations. In the official webpage of the Xunta de Galicia (Galicia's Government) you may find information in english.

Anyway: Thank you very much in the galician's (and spaniards in general) name for volunteering.

Fernando

#41391 - 01/13/03 06:34 PM Re: volunteering Galicia
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
This website has information in Spanish on volunteering to clean up the Prestige oil spill in Galicia. You'll find it at the very bottom of the page. Good luck!
http://www.riadenoia.com/

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3021 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments