Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41319 - 10/17/02 08:29 AM Finding Technical Work in Spain
MsWebWyz Offline

Loc: Connecticut, USA
I have fallen in love with this beautiful country and am considering moving here. I would really like to hear about the best websites to find technical jobs in Spain, even better if they are geared toward international job seekers as I DO *hablo espanol un poquito* however English is my native language.

I am a Microsoft web developer specializing in ASP, VB, SQL, XML, e-commerce and financial transaction applications.

All help is greatly appreciated! smile

Gracias

Tracy

MsWebWyz@hotmail.com

#41320 - 10/17/02 08:31 AM Re: Finding Technical Work in Spain
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid

#41321 - 10/17/02 08:27 PM Re: Finding Technical Work in Spain
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Tracy,

are you saying you work for Microsoft, or are you saying you employ Microsoft technologies as a web developer, but do not work for MS?

there certainly is a need for web developers in Spain, but the jobs seem so difficult to find. the sites that 'Chica' lists seem to be some of the best ones, but on Monster you can do a search for companies that are posting the jobs, and there is a way to go to those individual company sites and see jobs that are not posted otherwise on Monster. Check it out, and good luck.

andrew
:wq

#41322 - 10/18/02 06:16 AM Re: Finding Technical Work in Spain
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Tracy you have a real chance to find such a work in Spain because as any developed country there is a need for technical jobs (no matter the economical crisis).

Try also these job browsers:

www.infoempleo.com
www.tecnoempleo.com

Try also on big companies:
Terra
Vodafone
Amena
Wanadoo
EresMas Sun Microsystems

Good luck!

Fernando

#41323 - 10/18/02 02:31 PM Re: Finding Technical Work in Spain
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Fernando,

thank you for posting those other job sites.

also, SUN Micro might be a bad choice for employment right now, as sources indicate SUN may be laying off as many as 8,000 people. frown
Sun Layoffs

andrew
:wq

#41324 - 10/21/02 05:22 PM Re: Finding Technical Work in Spain
MsWebWyz Offline

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Thank you so much for all the help, anyone else who would like to reply please do too! smile Today I have just signed up for a Spanish language course here, hablo espanol un poquito solamente, pero quiero aprender mas, this is the critical first step before I can move forward... si? smile

Also anyone wishing to do language exchange can email me at MsWebWyz@hotmail.com. I would like to get to know more people in Barcelona and Madrid so I can come visit again soon smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1941 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments