Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4130 - 05/01/02 06:42 PM Madrid:lopez, chelo and cervelo?
quime Offline

Loc: panama
Finally, after plenty searching i decided which hostel to stay in my upcoming great FIRST visit to Madrid. did i say finally? well i still needing some help because i found the best choices between hostal lopez , chelo and cervelo . anyway, still hard to decide because the 3 looks fair.
we´ll be arriving after a long fly from central america , panama to houston to paris to madrid. the day, may 19. we asked for a long 8 hours waiting at paris just to have the chance to visit the city and comeback to the airport on time...does anybody can tell me if that is possible???
well, i am a new member from today here at MM forums, and just say to u be patient because my english skilling are not good enough, sorry palls!
see you soon
su nuevo amigo
Quime :p

#4131 - 05/01/02 08:15 PM Re: Madrid:lopez, chelo and cervelo?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I can recommend all three! Toss a coin or close your eyes and choose. smile Have a great time in Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4132 - 05/02/02 10:49 AM Re: Madrid:lopez, chelo and cervelo?
Meg Offline

Loc: Madrid via Pennsylvania
Quime,

You asked if it is possible to visit Paris during your 8 hour layover. First, I suppose you will fly into Charles de Gaulle airport. If this is the case you need to take a train (RER line B) to go to the center of Paris. The train leaves from terminal 2 in the airport and can take 45 minutes to get to the city. You will probably first need to take a bus to go from terminal 1 to terminal 2 in the airport, so I would leave approximately 1 hour to go from the airport to Paris and another hour to go back. Since you need to be back at the airport 1-2 hours before your flight, this leaves you with maybe 4-5 hours to visit Paris. This is not a lot of time, so maybe you could just pick one area of Paris that you would like to see. Also, if you wanted to go to a museum or go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, for example, there will probably be a long line of people waiting, so this could take a lot of time. Enjoy Paris, it's a beautiful city!

#4133 - 05/03/02 01:22 PM Re: Madrid:lopez, chelo and cervelo?
quime Offline

thanks Superguiri, i´ll take your advice during my waiting time at charles de gaulle. i´ll take the experience because not all days you can be close to Paris!!! 8 hours looks enough by using the train you mention, and just see the eiffel tower and arc of triumph. just for the regular picture to show and envy my friends on my return, ja!
thanks MM, i´ll do the coin test after my madrid landing.
can´t wait, just 17 days left!!!

#4134 - 05/05/02 02:09 PM Re: Madrid:lopez, chelo and cervelo?
minrik Offline

Loc: saginaw texas
Just spent 5 nites at Lopez .I recommend it if you are taking any trains from Atocha Renfe station is only ashort walk away. Enjoy.

#4135 - 05/07/02 07:32 PM Re: Madrid:lopez, chelo and cervelo?
quime Offline

well, somebody help me!
hostal chelo and lopez already answer me not to have acommodations for my week in madrid!
i`ll try another one.
just 12 days for my departure and counting...
hurraaaaaaaa, just can´t wait! rolleyes

#4136 - 05/07/02 07:59 PM Re: Madrid:lopez, chelo and cervelo?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
quime! What can we do to help??!!! I wish we ALL had access to the availability of ALL hostels/hotels throughout the world. Wouldn't that make things so much easier?

Just keep trying and sooner or later you'll find one. Or, if you get desperate, start call them on the telephone. I know this could be expensive, but at least you'll know where to go when you arrive. GOOD LUCK!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4137 - 05/08/02 04:09 PM Re: Madrid:lopez, chelo and cervelo?
liatris Offline

Loc: Glenoma WA USA
Try Hostal Las Fuentes in C/Fuentes near Sol and Plaza Mayor. The preices were very reasonable;the hostal keepers were friendly and accomodating. It has been newly remodeled and was very clean and attractive. You can find it online and make reservations on line...we did that and there was no problem. They were waiting for us when we rang the doorbell! Go to the Hostal section here on MadridMan and it's easy to find.
Suerte!

#4138 - 05/08/02 06:21 PM Re: Madrid:lopez, chelo and cervelo?
quime Offline

dear MM, we´re not desperate, but little excited. latin people has fire in the blood, sometimes we say something in figurated words (sorry because my english).
my friends and I are clear about hostels situation. some people of the forums smile , very kind ones has already gave me advice and tips about another hostels. we wrote and waiting for the happy confirmation.
thanks MM, we are just OK, and counting (11 days from now!!!)
keep smiling

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments