Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4126 - 05/01/02 03:00 PM hostel los amigos
jungsl Offline

hey guys...new to the board...its been most helpful smile ...i was just wondering if you guys know of hostel los amigos. it looked like a cool place so i book reservations and was just wondering if anyone had heard anythign about it. thanks.
jung

#4127 - 05/01/02 08:12 PM Re: hostel los amigos
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi jungsl! Welcome to the group!

You ARE asking about the los amigos backpacker's hostel in MADRID, right? You didn't mention the city in your posting so I wanted to be sure. Please remember that this is an ALL SPAIN Message Board so city identifiers are most welcome.

You might want to read my posting in the " Need urgent help for Madrid! " thread in this forum or do a SEARCH for other postings of feedback about it. But in short, I wrote:
Quote:
Hi geny!
First, you should know that Los Amigos is a backpacker youth-hostel-like place, complete with bunk beds and group restrooms/showers. I understand it is cheap, but very public. And I'm not exactly sure why, but according to my sources in city government, they're not yet listed as an official accredited/licensed lodging establishment in Madrid. confused
Good luck and have a great time in Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4128 - 05/07/02 04:01 PM Re: hostel los amigos
Marvilyn Offline

Loc: California
I've also booked a reservation with Los Amigos based on a review from another message board, Jeremy\'s multimadrid (Sorry MadridMan!) Click on the above link for the posting.

It looks like a nice clean and friendly place! I'll be posting a review once I get a first-hand experience.

I definately have to give back to MM's board since I've gotten so much from it:)

#4129 - 05/17/02 09:04 AM Re: hostel los amigos
Soffy Offline

Loc: London
I stayed at Los Amigos last week and would definitely recommend it if you're backpacking around and just want a cheap friendly place to stay. It was full up when I was staying there so booking in advance seems to be essential. There are about 7 dorm rooms each with 6 bunkbeds, and there is a kitchen, and a nice common room where everyone congregates, as well as an office with an internet connection that you can use very cheaply. The staff are friendly and helpful, really helpful to me when I had my purse stolen by some hijo de puta in El Rastro (I know, how very unoriginal). It's very central at Opera Metro so takes a few minutes to walk to Sol or the Plaza Mayor. They're expanding the hostel at the moment, it looks like it will be doubled in size, but I would imagine the works won't be finished for a couple of months.
Most of the backpackers staying there seemed to be Canadian! There were a few Americans, Aussies, Brits and Dutch, but like the rest of Spain it was about 75% Canadian last week! There was a big crowd of people going out every night I was there, so even if you're on your own, as I was, you quickly meet up with people and have the opportunity to go out, if you want to. It cost 15 Euros a night plus you had to give a 5 euro deposit for something, not sure what!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments