Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41256 - 09/26/02 10:50 AM Work permit - easier or harder to get for independent workers?
el viajero Offline

I know it's hard for an American to get permission to emigrate and work for a company in Spain.

Is it any easier / harder for freelancers, such as translators, small-scale web site designers, private tutors, etc.?

#41257 - 09/27/02 12:32 PM Re: Work permit - easier or harder to get for independent workers?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Probably Chica, missmadrid98, and/or Tracy Moral could address this better than me but I'd say it's MUCH more difficult to try to go to Spain as a translator, web desginer, or tutor because you won't be offered a work visa by any one company if you're working here and there and for everyone independently. I'd think you'd need to "latch" on to one particular company willing to offer you work visa and they, upon getting that, you could look for something else in your desired field if wanted. Good luck!

By the way, I'm probably overly, extremely pessimistic about the possibility of "Americans" successfully working legally in Spain. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe I'm just preparing for the worse and if it turns out to be easier then I'll be relieved.

Good luck to you! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#41258 - 09/27/02 04:18 PM Re: Work permit - easier or harder to get for independent workers?
juli Offline

Loc: Tarragona
This is one of the things I'm interested in, as a translator, english teacher, photographer. It's one of the items to research over the next couple of years, and will help shape my next step.

I'll be interested to hear what information is posted on this thread. And likewise will post any info I learn along the way.

Jillita

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments