Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41224 - 09/11/02 12:04 AM Translator Suggestions?
ParkinKent Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi,

I'm moving to Madrid next week and I need to find an approved translator to translate my College diploma from Latin to Spanish and my transcript from English to Spanish. Can anyone recommend a prompt, professional translation service in Madrid?

Thanks,
Parkin

#41225 - 09/11/02 05:45 AM Re: Translator Suggestions?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi ParkinKent!
At the Christmastime "Party With MadridMan" in Madrid, I met British expatriate John Ross who operates Spain For Visitors and I'm nearly positive he's is a certified translator. Contact him through his website after reading his BIO information about his translation.
Quote:
Experience: His translation work generally deals with technical matters, but he will tackle most things. For example, he helped on the Pinochet extradition order presented to the House of Lords and has translated texts for books of photography, manuals, web sites...
Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

P.S. On John Ross' website a translation company adversites. It's Prem Dam Multilingual Services .

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#41226 - 09/11/02 12:12 PM Re: Translator Suggestions?
Espe3 Offline

The american embassy also can provide you with a list of certified translators... I have one I used, but will have to post again later with the info.

#41227 - 09/11/02 08:13 PM Re: Translator Suggestions?
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
This may be a long shot, but while we're on the subject of translation services, does anyone on this board have information of corporate need for full time translators? I ask because my partner and I are considering a move to either Spain or Mexico. Each place has its benefits and drawbacks. My friend has complete mastery of Spanish, English, French and intermediate Italian. Assuming we take care of the visa issue, can anyone give/post an informed opinion of the “translator” profession, $$$, benefits. My hunch would assume that in light of the European Union, and inevitable increases in global trade, there would be a generous demand for skilled translators. Thanks in advance for the information!

#41228 - 09/11/02 08:27 PM Re: Translator Suggestions?
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
...reread my post and realized I wasn't incredibly specific -- hoping someone has information on full time corporate translation positions in Madrid, or elsewhere around Spain. We already have the details on these positions in Mexico. Thanks again!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments