Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41221 - 08/31/02 02:20 PM Sevilla Jobseeker
Sarita Offline

Loc: Sevilla
Hola a Todos!

I am planning to relocate to Sevilla with my Spanish husband sometime in the next 2-3 years. I figure I better start looking now for a job. Anyone have any connections, advice, warnings? I'm also interested in knowing more about how exactly I go about getting residencia/permiso de trabajo....with a US marriage license to a Spaniard. I think we just have to register our marriage at the Spain Consulate and once I arrive, start filing paperwork for my residency. How long will this take.....anyone know? And can I work in the meantime?

My background is in Human Resources. I have a liberal arts BA degree from a reputable private New England college. I speak fluent Spanish and English.

My ideal job would be in HR for an American company......but I am open to anything in the business arena. I have only 2 years work experience....my reason for sticking around in the States for a few more years....

Email me at pepesarah17@cs.com or post here if anyone wants to share ideas with me!

Lo agradeceria mucho......mil gracias.

Saludos de Boston a todos los de Madridman.com,

Sarita

#41222 - 09/11/02 01:13 PM Re: Sevilla Jobseeker
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Sarita: Two words: buena suerte. I suggest you gain employment with an international company of your choice here in the US and then put in for a transfer to Spain when the time is right.

HR positions in the US are markedly different between the two nations, and the specialized knowledge you may or may not have picked up working as a generalist or whatever here quite possibly could have limited application in Spain.

Remember all the hats you wear as a US HR professional. Knowing everything about a variety of areas is key...and the nuances, don't even start with the nuances... Now, taking those and putting yourself in a completely foreign context makes for a potentially problematic situation. You may want to contact PIHRA and see what they would recommend to someone with your aspirations.

#41223 - 09/11/02 04:20 PM Re: Sevilla Jobseeker
Sarita Offline

Loc: Sevilla
CaliBasco,
Gracias for your information & response. I can imagine that HR is much different in Spain than in the US, especially considering that the labor laws are so different.

I will contact PIHRA--I also belong to other HR organizations that could perhaps be of a resource to me in my search.

Saludos,
Sarita

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments