MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#41126 - 06/19/02 06:30 PM Re: The Job Search
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Calle de Hortaleza in Madrid?!?!?! Really? What, are you taking a permanent room at Hostal Chelo ? wink Congratulations on your new job, Asterault!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#41127 - 06/25/02 04:57 PM Re: The Job Search
Tracy Moral Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Gosh, this is an interesting topic! It's so far off from what I'm used to preaching about(teaching English in Spain!!!)

I have a question for Chica or LIM, or ANYONE that may know the answer: my husband is a Solaris Systems Adminstrator (he's Spanish and from Madrid, but we live and work in the USA now). WHat do you think a salary would be for that line of work, for 10 years experience working in USA and Spain??? I am SOOOO curious to know as we may move back...SOME DAY. When we left in 1998, he was actually working as a Java programmer for 100.000 pts/month. We thought we were RICH...

Anyway, I'd be interested to know.

Thanks!!
tracy

#41128 - 06/28/02 07:23 PM Re: The Job Search
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Tracy--

Asterault and LIM are more qualified to answer the question for you...I am teaching English here! laugh (P.S. love your site by the way)...

100,000 pts a month seems terribly low. When I first arrived here, I was offered a regional fundraising position here for 85,000 a month plus commission. Needless to say, I turned it down. I do much better than 100,000 a month teaching English!

Asterault? LIM? Hello? :p

#41129 - 06/28/02 10:00 PM Re: The Job Search
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
He might make 5/6 million a year, with 10 years experience. The market now is a bit weak though.

Toss a CV into infojobs.net and see what bites.

#41130 - 06/30/02 09:33 AM Re: The Job Search
Tracy Moral Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Thank you all for your help and I'll definitely see what happens with the resume. Thanks Chica, too, for the compliment!

tracy

#41131 - 07/02/02 12:35 PM Re: The Job Search
jala Offline

Loc: England
Hi everyone I'm new here and I've just found this very interesting conversation!

I have a question, along the same lines as Espe3, what are the chances of - an IT literate, experienced Web Designer (4+yrs), qualified Photographer, with basic Spanish sklls - finding a decent job in Spain?

I'm from and live in England, but the sun is calling and I've got to get a job in Spain! I do have a possible job offer over in Tenerife, but the hours are longer than my job now, and the pay is considerably less and by the sounds of it I'd be working my butt off. Which is not why I want to move to Spain! Ok, so I'm not fluent in Spanish, that's my downfall, but I'm learning so that shows I'm willing.

All I want to do is catch a bit of the sun while eating my tapas, is that too much to ask?! smile

BTW If Telefonica are looking for a Professional Creative (New Media etc), give them my email address! (Pleeeeeease!!) worpeddesign@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Jane
---------------
If you want to have a look at some of my work, take a look at: http://members.lycos.co.uk/mixx/

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments