Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#41077 - 05/26/02 03:57 AM Re: paperwork from the american consulate?
Roe Offline

Loc: california
ok, here is qhat it says on the paper that they gave me about what documents I need to have as a foreigner trying to marry a spaniard in Spain. "Certificade de si con arreglo a las leyes de su pais es nesesaria o no la publicacion de edictos."

I need this in addition to the residency paper. That was easy since I am empadrondo in the local town here already and so just had to go and get the certificate from the Ayuntamiento that I am empadrondo there.

#41078 - 05/26/02 09:32 AM Re: paperwork from the american consulate?
Espe3 Offline

Roe, just ask (or write it yourself like I said and go in person to have them sign it- but maybe better for them to write it,as it will be on official stationary) for them to send you a letter that says that in accordance with American laws, we do not post freedom to marry, but that you are free to marry and have never been married before, and have sworn such in witness of the American authority here in spain, the US consul(or whomever they may put in that place).

That letter should be enough.

I'm also wondering how they didn't end up asking chica aobut half of the papers that they tell you to get! Lucky!

#41079 - 05/30/02 01:33 PM Re: paperwork from the american consulate?
Espe3 Offline

Roe, its been awhile, so how is the paperwork coming along?

#41080 - 05/30/02 06:37 PM Re: paperwork from the american consulate?
Roe Offline

right now Iīm just mulling over all of the things that I have to do. I need to call the consulate again and ask about a paper that says that it is not necessary to publicize things about marriage, although I donīt know if they do that or if I will have to have my parents in California go to the county there and get a form that says that I donīt need to publicize the fact that I am getting married and then go though a few steps to get it legalized and translated and then finally use it. I already have something from the embassy that says that I am single a free to marry. This one piece of paperwork seems so stupid. I think that bueracracy and paperwork in spain is one of the circles of hell.

#41081 - 05/30/02 07:32 PM Re: paperwork from the american consulate?
Espe3 Offline

Roe, you seem bummed. Well don't worry. Yes, lots of it is buerocratic crap, but it'll be over soon and you'll be able to be left in peace! smile Hang in there!

#41082 - 06/19/02 02:14 PM Re: paperwork from the american consulate?
Espe3 Offline

Hi Roe! Well? How's it coming along?!

#41083 - 06/19/02 06:14 PM Re: paperwork from the american consulate?
Roe Offline

my mom went and talked to the state of California, the county, and the city and found nobody that could write a document to get legalized. They said that they could write a letter, but that it couldnīt be official. The Spanish consulate in San Francisco said that the document in question isnīt necessary to get married in Spain. My girlfriend called the American consulate here and spoke to someone saying that she knew what document was necessary and that they would mail it. They told me that too, so weīll see what we get.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments