Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#40771 - 10/22/01 07:09 AM Visas??
michkacanada Offline

Can ANYONE help me?? I am a canadian girl that is currently in Madrid and I would like to stay here and teach English for 1 year. Now, I know that it is nearly impossible to get a work Visa for Canadians, so I was hoping to stay on a tourist Visa and just renew it every 3 months by getting a stamp in another county. I have heard that alot of people do that. BUT...I went to the Canadian Embassy and they said that you have to leave the country for 3 months before you can return AND that you have to go to a non-Schengan country. Is this true? Have the rules changed? If someone has any information for me PLEASE respond!!

Michka

#40772 - 10/22/01 08:40 AM Re: Visas??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi michkacanada! Welcome to the group! I just did a SEARCH using the SEARCH link above/right and typed VISA as my keyword and found the previously posted " Residence Visas " thread which you might find useful.

You might also visit www.ExpatriateCafe.com to find info on Teaching English in Spain for those of us coming from the USA (but the same rules apply for those from Canada).

Anyone else have any new, updated information?? Thanks! Good luck to you!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40773 - 11/02/01 07:31 AM Re: Visas??
nevado Offline

I understand your concern but I think you're missing the point. It doesn't matter too much if you are in Spain legally or if you leave the country and re-enter, you'll still be working illegally. Just because you renew your tourist visa every three months it doesn't afford you the right to work. If you don't have a problem working without papers then I don't see why you should be concerned about renewing your tourist visa. Perhaps it will comfort you to know many teachers do it (without papers) and encounter no problems. As long as you keep yourself out of trouble you should be okay.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2051 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments