Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#40757 - 12/19/01 03:17 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
vieve Offline

Loc: Hartford
Tracy... do you have an e-mail address??? i've browsed the expatriatecafe site but have some specific questions regarding my situation... i just graduated from college in May w/ a degree in Management & a second major in Spanish education and i want to move to Spain next September or October... can you help?

#40758 - 12/19/01 05:16 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
Tracy Moral Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Hi Vieve...

Here's my e-mail address...don't hesitate to contact me smile

tracy.moral@home.com

#40759 - 01/13/02 06:19 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
missmadrid98! Long time no hear!
Say, I was just curious as to how many, if any, of the people who contacted you through the message board actually got the jobs (or in the process of getting jobs) you mention. Thanks!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40760 - 01/16/02 06:59 AM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
dude i have gotten over 100 e-mails. there are alot of poeple that are lookign for work like in 9 months, which i canīt help them with. i can only help people that are here or will be here like in 2 weeks. i donīt knwo how many people are working for my boss, cause i have given her number out like 15 times and no one has ever called me back to tell me that they are working with her or not, sheīs mentioned to me a couple of people i have reffered to her that are currently working for her, but since i talk to so many people i canīt remember all their names, and since no one calls me back after i have given them her number, i really couldnīt say, kind of sad if you think about it.

#40761 - 01/16/02 07:39 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
amity Offline

Loc: seattle
missmadrid, i was just curious if you have a work permit for spain or not. i was looking into moving to madrid this coming year but am stuck trying to figure out work permits. i've already been a student there and have graduated so i'd rather work...thanks....

#40762 - 01/24/02 04:13 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
missmadrid98 Offline

yes amity i have a work permit and residency. when i arrived to spain i had nothing, but then i got a job at VIPS (which is a restaurant chain in spain) and they did papers for immigrants, so i got my papers through them.

#40763 - 01/30/02 05:02 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
jjazzini Offline

Loc: Australia
What type of english work is their available?
I am Australian from Spanish Parents - they Live in Spain - thinking of going over - what requirements do you need in order to qualify to teach english???

#40764 - 01/31/02 01:23 AM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
Chica Offline
Executive Member

If your parents are Spanish and living in Spain, donīt you have the Spanish nationality as well as Australian?

check out websites like www.elpais.es www.segundamano.es www.infojobs.net www.elmundo.es to get an idea of the job market.

I suppose it really depends on what you want to do for employment with regards to English and also your legal position here in the country. Native speakers of English are highly demanded as teachers here. If you are interested in pursing that route, look into getting some practical experience and even possibly a certificate in teaching English as a second language. It will give you an edge on all the other English speaking natives here who are just in it for the "fun".

Good luck.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1573 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments