Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#40727 - 09/16/01 01:30 PM Teach English work offered: Madrid
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
hey guys whoever is looking for work in madrid.. my boss needs 5 to 6 more teachers.. she pays 2,300 to 2,600 pts and hour and has tons or work, up to 25 hours a week, please e-mail me if you are interested, work starts in 2 weeks!! as an update i am still kicking ass and i am so happy living here and making this move 9 months ago which was to make the impossible possible and make my dream come true!! also donīt forget, i see alot of posts of new people wanting to make friends.. as always am i here for anyone who needs help looking for work, place to live or whatever, my hand is always extended to those who need it!!

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: missmadrid98 ]

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#40728 - 09/16/01 06:52 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi missmadrid98!! This is great news! But how about some more details.
So they're paying from $12.76-$14.43 per hour and up to 25 hours a week so that's an absolute maximum of $316-$360 per week.

Can we assume that this is an "under the table" position or are they offering legal work visas?

Can you give us the general work schedule and expectations for the potential teacher hired? What is the length of employment?? Is this for 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, or what?

Thanks a lot for the notice, missmadrid98! This could help several people and hopefully a few of them will be from MadridMan's Spain Message Board! laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40729 - 09/17/01 02:44 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
missmadrid98 Offline

ya totally hereīs more detail. i started working for her in april. ya she pays very well and itīs under the table, no work visas offered. she pays cash once a month between the 1st and 5th of the month. the work is until june of next year. you teach english in companies. today i started one of my classes. but since i am working at VIPS now i canīt take on 20hours a week, but itīs cool cause i am making money at VIPS so it balances out. ya she pays well you can make very good money with her. sheīs had this business since 1981. she has all hours availible but roughly the timetable are like

8:00am to like 10:00am
2:00pm to 4:00
5:00 to 7:00
and maybe some evening classes.
i was doing 8 to 10 4 days a week ( ya man it was harsh) then 2-4 4 days a week as well
work starts first week of october so please contact me so i can lead you to her!!

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: missmadrid98 ]

#40730 - 09/19/01 04:10 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
lucy Offline

Loc: Texas
MissMadrid98,

How much Spanish do you need to know. I know Spanish how to read spanish and verbally I can get around, but my writing is awful, so is that a problem. I am going to college to get a degree to teach English as a second Language, is that needed or preferred?
]

#40731 - 09/20/01 12:46 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
missmadrid98 Offline

no you do not need to know spanish well. but are you availible to work like in 2 weeks here in madrid? the main thing is that you are a native speaker, that is what she is more concerned about.

#40732 - 09/26/01 08:52 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Missmadrid, thanks so much for posting that offer! Unfortunately, I can't do it right now as I have to earn some money before I make the move, so I am curious as to whether these are positions that come up annually, or are there months besides October when she might be hiring? Or is it just this October and that's it?

#40733 - 09/26/01 09:32 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
I was wondering the same thing! I'm thinking (hoping...) to make the move in January, do you think there will be positions then, is it just October since it's the beginning of the school year, or just too hard to tell?

Thanks!

GranadaGirl

#40734 - 09/27/01 01:52 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
Zitrop Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA USA
I was also thinking the same thing. I am really hoping there is work in January. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

#40735 - 09/27/01 02:59 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
ATTENTION all those newer message board members in the USA hoping to work as teachers in Spain!!!!

You might want to visit The Expatriate Café . It's a website (sponsored by MadridMan rolleyes ) to assist mainly those with "American" citizenship with the ins-and-outs of job search, requirements, actual jobs, suggestions, stories, etcetera.

Good luck all! Saludos, MadridMan

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40736 - 10/03/01 01:11 PM Re: Teach English work offered: Madrid
missmadrid98 Offline

okay work is avalible all year. people are sending me e-mails to hook them up with work like next year. this was just a posting cause my boss needed teachers now. work is availible all year. again, work is availible all year long. i started working as an english teacher in april of this year, so itīs out there you just have to go and find it. if my boss needs anymore teachers i will post it. as of now, she needs teachers like next week, so i am trying to help her find some. you can always contact me before you come and i can see if my boss nees teachers at that time. but like i have no idea if she will need people in january or april of next year. itīs always best to contact me like within a week before you come. all the best!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments