Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4058 - 04/19/02 10:37 AM Madrid:Hostal Martin-Confirmation letter?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I am in the process of making reservations at Hostal Martin in Madrid for this summer. I emailed them and they replied back stating they had availability and that if wanted to reserve the room, that I should fax/email my credit card info. I have done this, should I now receive some sort of confirmation? Over email? Is this what I need to be sure to print out and bring with me?? Thanks for any help! laugh

#4059 - 04/19/02 12:15 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martin-Confirmation letter?
Lynne804 Offline

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Hi! I made reservations with their "sister" hostal, Cervelo, and yes, I received an email confirmation back. I printed mine out to take with me. I plan on emailing the week before I leave just to make sure everything is okay. Hope this helps. wink

#4060 - 04/19/02 12:19 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martin-Confirmation letter?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I suppose you could always email them again and ask to be sure. We can only guess here in this forum. Good luck! Feel free to read my write-up about my one night (April 3, 2002) with Hostal Cervelo in the " Madrid:Hostal Martín,Chelo,Cervantes? " thread.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4061 - 04/20/02 01:40 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martin-Confirmation letter?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by: kelar419 on 04-20-2002 01:17 PM...]

Topic: reservation confirmation..am I translating this right?

I just received a confirmation letter from Hostal Martin in Madrid, I am confident that I understand the entire email except one part...
"el pago de su factura debera ser en efectivo."
If my 6 years of spanish is correct... does this mean that when I check out and pay the balance it must be in cash?? They have my credit card number, yet said that is only used to guarantee a reservation. I guess I assumed that they would just charge my credit card upon checkout. Am a translating this correctly? Thanks. rolleyes

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4062 - 04/20/02 02:24 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martin-Confirmation letter?
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Yes, apparently it's cash only.

Saludos,

Pim

#4063 - 04/20/02 05:42 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martin-Confirmation letter?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Yes, we gave credit card no for guarantee of room at Hostal Martin, then paid in cash as requested as we left.

We received our e-mail in English as last year neither of us could speak any Spanish, so conducted all e-mailing in English with them.

Jo

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments