Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#40588 - 04/27/01 12:41 PM Teaching in Spain!
expressdance Offline

Loc: Boston, Ma USA
I was just checking out the studying in Spain thread, and someone had asked about teaching in Spain, and about how you have to take a TEFL course or something along the lines of that. And they also asked if having a degree in education and a pretty good working knowledge of the language is a major plus. So I guess my question, since I'm an American and all, cause its so much harder for us to work there, is if I graduate college with a bachelors in Spanish, and I then go on to get a masters in Secondary education, what are my chances of getting a good job? I'm assuming that many of the people who ask about teaching have been trained in other fields, or maybe don't have any experience at all, and being an American on top of it all doesn't help.

#40589 - 05/07/01 05:47 PM Re: Teaching in Spain!
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
The site you have looked at refers to Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
You need to have a working knowledge of the host country's language in order to teach your own language. These short courses at the TEFL school will give you a certificate that says you are capable of teaching English language to non english speaking persons. If you enquire at a TEFL college they will send you the details and the requirements to enrol on one of their courses. You can find them on the Web. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments