Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#40544 - 04/12/01 02:07 PM The Expatriate Cafe???
SusiLaGallega Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I tried getting into The Expatriate Cafe website, and to my surprise, there's nothing there!!! Does anyone know what happened to this great website???

That website was how I found MadridMan's website!

#40545 - 04/13/01 02:04 AM Re: The Expatriate Cafe???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
SusiLaGallega, what URL did you have for the Expat Cafe? Their server may be down temporarily. Keep trying! :o

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40546 - 04/18/01 09:22 AM Re: The Expatriate Cafe???
SusiLaGallega Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Forgive my ignorance, MadridMan, but what is "URL"? I don't know if you may be referring to this, but I tried to get into the website through Netscape Navigator and MSN Explorer. Is that what you mean? frown Anyway, the website address I have is the foolowing: http://members.home.net/tracy.moral/
Is that right? If so, there is nothing there anymore - I also tried to search for it on the net, and got the same results! confused

Any other suggestions?

SusiLaGallega

#40547 - 04/18/01 11:18 AM Re: The Expatriate Cafe???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

AHA!! Okay. Yes. URL = Website Address. wink

I didn't know the story either until Tracy Moral herself emailed me yesterday. She said that she, her husband, and Nuria (remember madrileña Nuria? I miss her) are working on a TOTAL Re-do of the website and it should be working in a few days. It's a shame they couldn't have put up a temporary "Out To Lunch" type sign or some other indication of the plan. So, keep trying back and hopefully by next week at this time it will be ready.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40548 - 04/23/01 12:06 PM Re: The Expatriate Cafe???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Update about The Expatriate Cafe: It seems it will be down for a few months now as they give the website a total overhaul. Hopefully Tracy Moral (or I) can keep you/us posted on a hopeful launch/release date as I'm sure many will be trying their luck in Spain this summer.

Saludos, MadridMan

#40549 - 04/26/01 03:12 PM Re: The Expatriate Cafe???
Tracy Moral Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Gosh! How nice to see that my website is so helpful.

Just quickly want to say that sooner than later The Expatriate Cafe will be a full service website and will be ready to bookmark in about a week or two from the date of this post. I will keep MadridMan's message boards updated.

For those of you who do not know The Expatriate Cafe, is a FREE resource website devoted to teaching English in Spain, and more specifically, Madrid.

Thanks again for your patience and I REALLY appreciate all your great comments!

Tracy
(The Expatriate Cafe)

[ 04-26-2001: Message edited by: Tracy Moral ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments