Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#40480 - 04/19/01 03:15 PM Re: american in Spain (working illegally)
Jasonbrooks72 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
How'd you almost get deported, thats kind of scary! I opted for travellers insurance thru student council travel - about 350$ for 6 months and coverage seems fairly adequate.

#40481 - 04/19/01 04:51 PM Re: american in Spain (working illegally)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
The Council Travel insurance is adequate. There are other posts on this topic elsewhere on the board. Usually what you're covered for is urgent and ER care scenarios. Don't look to get a "check up" while you're there. I got double-covered (and double-reimbursed) in '93 via my CIEE insurance (with the student ID card). You'll be fine unless you're a hypochondriac. The OTC medications in Spain are much stronger (and better) than those available in the US. For sore throats I just carried a bottle of "Bisolvón" (red jarabe) in my backpack and was fine with a periodic swig.

#40482 - 04/19/01 04:55 PM Re: american in Spain (working illegally)
Jasonbrooks72 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
I'm not forseeing any checkups or getting my teeth knocked out (Knock on wood)- I figured this was better than paying 200$ a month for my alternative cobra plan - (better coverage but mucha moola)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments