Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#40458 - 03/14/01 02:13 PM tarjeta de residencia-not required any more for certain countries?
connie Offline

I heard that during a meeting last year, the Ministers of Justice and Home Affairs of France, Italy, Spain and Germany agreed on abolishing the requirement to obtain a residence card (tarjeta de residencia in Spain) for citizens of one of those countries who work (not the retirees) in another (employees as well as self-employed) as from 1 January 2001 onwards. However, it seems that the necessary steps for the implementation of that decision are not yet taken. Does anyone have any news on when this requirement will fall?

#40459 - 03/15/01 09:54 AM Re: tarjeta de residencia-not required any more for certain countries?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
I was in my local police station this morning, on the second visit in the process of replacing my stolen resident card. Today was handing the completed forms in, with neccesary copies, more photos (3 this time - they must have over five thousand pictures of my boat race accrued during the last fifteen years!). I make my third visit next Tuesday when I fingerprint and sign and finally the fourth and last visit in a couple of months when I finally pick up the replacement.

So Connie, I can assure you that at least the working Brits are still beating a well worn path to the cop shop to get their cards, as to whether the citizens of the countries you mentioned that had signed an accord are still doing so, I couldn't tell you.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments