MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#40454 - 04/13/01 05:16 AM Re: salaries
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Pixel Girl,

If you're 22, then don't worry about it....what have you got to lose? With experience like that, you should have no problem finding a job in that sector.

I say who cares if you get paid 20 per cent less....you only live once! As much as I love Canada, no place can come close to a city like Madrid

It can be summed up like this: Stay in North America and get stressed out with the ridiculously long work hours and ludicrous 8 to 9 work ethic, or go to Madrid and party and get piss bloody drunk.

Better yet, work your way over to Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca, or any of the islands for added fun.

Cheers

Vincent

#40455 - 04/16/01 12:19 PM Re: salaries
pixel_grrl Offline

Loc: Vancouver Canada
thanks vincent. i'm actually not too concerned about salary, i just wanted a rough estimate. i'm more concerened about actually finding a job, which is prooving to be a lot harder than i thought.

#40456 - 04/20/01 05:57 PM Re: salaries
connie Offline

I have found a webpage with a salary calculator that compares cost of living in different cities; you type in what you currently earn in which city and it tells you what you would have to make in another city for the same lifestyle. I am not sure whether it is totally accurate and I have not found out on which data they exactly rely, but anyway, here is the link: http://www2.homefair.com/calc/intsalcalc.html
Take it with a grain of salt- I cannot imagine, for example, that they have considered costs for going out and entertainment, which are very important points wink -and these are undoubtedly much lower in Spain.

[ 04-20-2001: Message edited by: connie ]

[ 04-20-2001: Message edited by: connie ]

#40457 - 04/20/01 08:12 PM Re: salaries
pixel_grrl Offline

Loc: Vancouver Canada
thanks connie... i've actually been there already... the problem is determining whether what that site says is actually realistic. i would like to know what a decent living is over there. what a realistic web designer's salary in spain actually is.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments